Find support for creative projects
The Regional Business Partner Network provides direct support and advice to local small businesses. This includes funding for businesses to engage with specialist advisors in areas such as HR, health and wellbeing, business continuity, cashflow and finance management, strategy and digital capability.Register Your BusinessContact our team today
There's a lot of support available to businesses right now, and we want to make it easier for Whanganui business owners to find and access the resources they need. We've put together this free, online tool to point you in the right direction.
The Creative Communities Scheme is a partnership between Whanganui District Council and Creative New Zealand to promote local arts projects. This funding is administrated within the Whanganui District by Whanganui & Partners.
Open: Monday, 8th March, 2021
Close: 12 noon Monday, 5th April, 2021
Projects must take place between 1st May 2021 and 1st May 2022
Please read and use the application guide. It contains information on funding criteria that are important to consider when completing your application form.
All applications must be made on this official application form. If you require a hard copy of this application form, they are available at the entry foyer of Whanganui & Partners (179 Saint Hill Street).
We accept applications by post or email. Further instructions on how to complete and submit the application form are outlined in the application form.
For more information please contact the Whanganui & Partners Community Arts Coordinator Anique Jayasinghe at Anique.Jayasinghe@whanganuiandpartners.nz.
The following organisations and individuals received funding in Round 1 2020/21:
• Born and Raised Pasifika - $1275.36 for Youth Pasifika Art
• Community Music -$2316.40 for Living in the Music
• Debbie Wai Kapohe- $335 for Romantic Period Guitar and Voice Recital
• Hakeke Street Community Centre - $3448.75 for a mural
• Lotus Women’s Group - $1000 for Diwali 2020
• Multicultural Council of Rangitikei/Whanganui - $2130 for Race Awareness Week
• Sandra Morris Illustration - $1320.44 for The Complete Children’s Picture Book Illustration Workshop
• City College -$3075 for The Movement Collective
• Wen Xiong - $2000 for Wen’s Story Den
• Whanganui Camera Club - $1210 for Wild Child Weekend Workshop
• Whanganui Community Drumming - $1125 for West African Drumming Workshop
• Whanganui Creative Space - $2241.50 for Unlocked Exhibition
• Whanganui Resource Recovery Centre Trust - $1863.75 for Repurposed Art Installation
• Whanganui Repertory Theatre Inc - $915.33 for Peter Pan Pantomime
These are available in several languages so you can easily find out more about what the scheme funds.
Any questions? Get in touch with Anique Jayasinghe, Community Arts Coordinator.
Get in touch with us.